The customer is the leading company in the design, production and distribution of high-end eyewear. It is present all over the world with a wholesale network covering 150 countries on 5 continents and a retail network of approximately 9,200 stores.
The glasses are made in 7 production plants in Italy. It is also present in Germany, China, Brazil, the United States, Japan and India.
The Italian logistics plants are the central node of the distribution system to the rest of the world. Here there are highly complex plants for which a possible plant shutdown can drastically affect the business and turnover, even by hundreds of thousands of euros.
It is therefore essential for the customer to improve knowledge of the systems and intervene with cyclical and condition-based preventive maintenance plans, in order to prevent failures and production leaks.
Furthermore, to automate the monitoring of critical conditions, the company wants to interface the plant directly with the maintenance management software. This allows you to automatically generate maintenance interventions, calculate the OEE index and other performance indicators.
Geoweb has developed a highly customised solution based on the customer’s needs.
We have created a series of software modules for:
- Layout and data management: visualisation of floor plans and system diagrams, management of technical data via CMDB.
- Maintenance scheduling: scheduler for the management of the cyclical preventive maintenance plan.
- Check list: system for auditing the conditions of the plant with automatic triggering of maintenance interventions according to the conditions detected.
- Budget management: system for managing maintenance budgets and interfacing with the CO-GE accounts managed by the ERP.
- PLC interfacing: the solution interfaces via web service to the PLCs of the machines to trigger maintenance based on the acquired signals.
- OPC-UA interfacing: the system interfaces to a packaging plant for measuring the OEE indicator and triggering maintenance on condition.